A Full-scale Operating Microgrid Interconnected in a Grid-of-Grids Network
Each year, RE+ conducts a live demonstration of microgrids on its show floor. This year’s demonstration will feature a fully operating “hybrid” bi-directional residential microgrid, complete with appliances, HVAC, lighting, EV charging and various plug load distributions including line AC and DC, USB-C, PoE and FMP. It will also provide the excess power it generates to the adjacent Grid Edge presentation theater and other exhibitor loads on the convention center floor. Power resources for the microgrid will be a combination of solar, battery and utility energy.
Presentations about the Demonstration Microgrid and its components, the Grid-of-Grids Interconnection System, and various related grid-edge subjects will be held in the Grid Edge Theater next to the live demonstration during the three days of the event. Subject matter experts and company representatives will be on-hand to answer questions about the demonstration.
In the News
- pv magazine: Fully operational residential microgrid will help power exhibits at RE+
- EMerge Alliance to Facilitate Fully Operational Residential Microgrid at RE+ Event in Anaheim
- pv magazine: Nano-grid home runs solely on DC power
- EMerge Alliance to Facilitate Duke Energy DC Home Demonstration Participation by Original Equipment Manufacturers
The EMerge Alliance is a nonprofit, open network of more than 100 organizations reinventing electric power through the development of forward-thinking standards for the highly efficient use of hybrid AC/DC power in a variety of buildings. These standards focus on delivering DC power directly to digital electronics and power storage systems, simplifying the use of locally produced clean energy and making systems more flexible, resilient and sustainable. www.EMergeAlliance.org
Workshops from EMerge Alliance
Monday, September 19
- Introduction to Microgrid Modeling with Digital Twin Optimization Demonstration (Additional Ticket Required)
- Microgrid Use Cases - Commercial, Residential, EV Infrastructure, Military, Information and Communication Technology (Data Center, Cable, Telephony), Indoor Agriculture, Neighborhood/Community (Additional Ticket Required)